Wisdom Tooth Removal
When wisdom teeth cause problems, or X-rays show they might in the future, they need to come out. Other reasons to take them out include:
- Damage to other teeth: Third molars or wisdom can push your other teeth around, causing mouth pain and bite problems.
- Jaw damage: Cysts can form around the new teeth. If they aren’t treated, they can destroy your jaw and damage nerves.
- Sinus Issues: Problems with wisdom teeth can lead to sinus pain, pressure, and congestion.
- Inflamed Gums: Tissue around the area can swell and may be hard to clean.
- Cavities: If the surrounding gum tissue is inflamed and hard to keep clean it is often because they are unable to erupt properly. As a result, they will very likely get decayed because they are food traps and subsequently will get infected and painful. That same cavity can spread to the neighbouring teeth destroying other good teeth as well.
- Alignment: Impacted wisdom teeth can cause problems with crowding of other teeth and even make treatment to straighten other teeth necessary.